Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A New adventure!!!

I has started a new part of my knitting life. I have now added spinning. I learned to spin on a spindle a few months ago. I just bought a wheel a week ago and had my first lesson yesterday. I think i did good. I bought the Ashford Traveller.

I also jumped in and bought a whole fleece. It is a smaller one at 3.6 pounds, but a lot to me. I figure I want to get back to nature and spin the natural way.






My new Ashford Traveller.









Sheep shearing at Rising meadow Farm in Liberty, NC


Part of Mocha's fleece I washed last night. it feels so rewarding to see it come off the sheep and see if I can make it into yarn. It is a pretty coco color. The picture doesn't do it justice.
It think this will keep me busy for a very long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. I can't wait to see it.

Becky G said...

Congrats on the new wheel. One day I'll have a wheel of my own. Until then, it's spindling for me.