Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Abigail needs lots of dental work- Making totes for donations.


Hi Everyone,

Abigail (17 months old) chipped a baby tooth this weekend. Not because she fell, but because she has some problems with her teeth. She has inadequate tooth enamel. It makes her teeth very weak. Luckily Her permanent teeth should be fine. But we have to keep her baby teeth healthy for the permanent ones will be too.

Well we went to the dentist yesterday to see what they could do and I was told that she needs $1650 worth of work done. They need to do it at the hospital and put her under because she need so much work done. Her surgery is scheduled for May 19th. We have to pay them 1/3 before they will do the surgery.

When I got home I thought about what I could do besides cry since we don't have $1650. So I thought I could reach out to the knitting community and offer handmade knitting project bags.
They are 8" high by 10" wide. They will hold 4-5 balls of yarn and has a pocket for DPN's.

With a donation of $25 for one with an embroidered design on it. That includes US shipping!!! You will also have the chance to get a skein of sock yarn with it. I will pick out 5 random bags that will include a skein of yarn.

AND!!!! MISS VIOLET IS ADDING A SKEIN OF WOLLMEISE FOR ONE OF THE ORDERS!!!
THANKS MISS V!!!!!! I will have a drawing from all the people who donated to me up to day before Abigail's surgery May 19, 2010. And send the winner the skein of Wollmeise. That way it doesn't matter if you were the first or the last to donate. Everyone has a chance. Your name goes in the hat for each bag you order. (two bags, two chances). (I will continue to sew the totes, so don't worry if you find this after the date.)

Email me at blackbeltat40@aol.com if you are interested in a bag. Pics below. More to come as I make them. Paypal is the same email address
Thank you very much!!!

Teri




This is an Embroidered Bag with a yarn ball and swirls in Purple. And Purple lining. It is $25 including shipping in the US. I will make these to order. There is no limit.
The other one is the same in blues with blue lining.


This is my embroidered Skull and needles. It has bright pink lining. I will show a finished Pic as soon as I get it made. But I wanted you to be able to see what it looks like. It is $25 including Shipping in the US. I will make these to order. There is no limit.
This is the Yarrrrn Bag. The yarn ball is make of the same fabric as the lining. It is also $25. I have made this is the Blue and Lavender. I will post pics of the lavender soon.


Back off I am knitting. I did this one is green, but it is easy if you would like to request another color. $25.00

This little sheep is knitting with her own wool. See the bandage. :) This one is light pink. I will post a pick with hot pink soon. I can custom the yarn color $25.00








7 comments:

wizodozgal said...

Hope everyone reaches out to help-can't wait to get mine :o)

Keep us posted on Abigail and "well done" on the black belt

Peg in WI

Jerrica said...

Teri I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm yet another Raveler - I don't have money right now, but if I can I'll help too.

I can't believe they plan to do surgery on a child like that, particularly when her adult teeth are not yet in! Yes, dental health is important and gum health even more so --- but sheesh. My dad is a dentist - never heard of him doing so much before adult teeth were in with his child patients, but maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.

Either way if I can I will help *hugs* Best of luck!

Black belt knitter said...

Thanks Jerrica, They have to take care of her baby teeth otherwise she will have big problems with her adult teeth. I know it is crazy. Baby teeth decay can go all the way down to the adult teeth if it is not taken care of.

Katy said...

My tote arrived today (that was quick!) and it just darling -- thank you so much!

NancyW said...

Sent you a note for 5 (I would not be able to have one without the ability to gift). Your idea is super and the tote looks fab....Happy to help.

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE these totes, makes me want to knit....

knitmomma said...

I got the 2 I ordered...they are beautiful! My daughter doesn't know it yet, but I plan to give her the sheep one. :)